Testimony Opposing Senate Bill 619: Media Coverage of Senate Bill 619
Collected Common Core State Standards Words of Support:
|Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, February 5, 2014|
|Questions and Answers in the Wisconsin State Journal, January 12, 2014|
Professional Association Support:
- In partnership with the DPI and other stakeholders across Wisconsin, the following organizations:
- remain committed to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for Mathematics, English Language Arts and Literacy in All Subjects, and to the accompanying instructional shifts that will increase students’ college and career readiness.
- support a state assessment system that matches the academic demands of the CCSS, reflects the instructional shifts of the standards, and measures students’ college and career readiness.
- promote a balanced assessment system that allows students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in authentic ways and does not narrow curriculum and instruction.
- commit to offering, supporting, and participating in high quality professional learning experiences designed to prepare all educators in every area to meet the content and instructional demands of the CCSS.
For questions about this information, contact Connie Ellingson (608) 267-9155